Altria Group, Inc. is the parent company of several operating companies including Philip Morris USA Inc., which manufactures and markets cigarettes and smokeless tobacco products in the United States.
As an operating company of Altria, PM USA is guided by Altria's Mission
to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products.
Guided by Altria's Mission and Values, PM USA's role is to responsibly manufacture and market PM USA brands to adult tobacco consumers in a financially disciplined way.
The Mission guides and informs the business decisions at Altria and its operating companies, which pursue the Mission by focusing on four strategies:
- Invest in Leadership: We will invest in excellent people, leading brands and external stakeholders important to our businesses' success.
- Align with Society: We will actively participate in resolving societal concerns that are relevant to our businesses.
- Satisfy Adult Consumers: We will convert our deep understanding of adult tobacco and wine consumers into better and more creative products that satisfy their preferences.
- Create Substantial Value for Shareholders: We will execute our business plans to create sustainable growth and generate substantial return for shareholders.
shared by Altria and its operating companies, including PM USA, are the foundation for fulfilling our Mission and business strategies. Together, we strive to demonstrate these Values:
- Integrity, trust and respect
- Passion to succeed
- Executing with quality
- Driving creativity into everything we do
- Sharing with others